I write today to say one of the most important things any believer could pursue this year is to read the Bible. Yes, just read the Bible.
Do you have a time set aside each day to engage in God's Word?
A few encouragements:
- You prioritize what you love.
- Do you really value a relationship with the One who created you?
- Do you realize you have access to God's voice anytime?
- We have more access to the Bible at this point in history than ever before.
- You CAN develop a habit to get to know God.
- You CAN start ANYTIME.
See this site for a simple plan that includes a daily devotional and chapters to read.
Here's another one that involves weekly email reminders and videos to help you understand the content.
Let me encouarge you to focus! If you do this on a computer or phone, close other tabs. Open your Bible and focus by blocking out other distractions. Find a consistent time. Don't get discouraged if you get a day behind. Press on!
Finally, if you don't do well with self discipline, gather a few others - from your Sunday School class, the pew where you sit, youth group, your neighborhood - and encourage each other to keep up with the reading. The end result? More encouragement and closer relationship with God through His Word.
If you have questions, don't know where to start, or need a Bible - please send me an email. I'll be happy to help.